Launceston City Mission
exists to serve the local community.
Seeking to be flexible and responsive
in meeting the community’s needs.
As a community organisation our purpose is to serve the community’s people who are marginalised through poverty, abuse, addiction and other unfortunate circumstances that have brought hard times for them to bear.
It therefore goes without saying that all our initiatives are focused on charitable work and social enterprise.
In the past year City Mission has:
- Assisted over 150 children with grief and loss issues
- Helped more than 300 people seeking emergency relief for the very first time
- Provided a helping hand and a listening ear for 2,200 people in poverty.
- Connected with over 6,000 people through outreach programs
- Gave out 76,200 meals.
- Attended 270 community events with their outreach trailer
- Personally mentored 50 troubled youth
- Maintained a 98% occupancy rate at homeless facilities
- Assisted 92 individuals to control their addictions at Missiondale
- Assisted 161 individuals to assess and control their addictions at Serenity House
- Provided paid work for 116 local Tasmanians
- Gave over 400 volunteers, work for the Dole and community work order participants an opportunity to work.
- Directed eighty six cents in every dollar donated back into services to the community.
MAKE IT YOUR MISSION