Future Generations Appeal
Posted on March 16, 2020
Help us transform the lives of local youth.
Like many children and young people across Northern Tasmania, Michael was experiencing isolation caused by trauma and social exclusion. Unable to connect with friends or deal with his emotions, he was depressed and secluded. Our team from the Inside Out 4 Kids Program connected with Michael at his school. The team provided the mentoring and support he needed, helping him recognise and manage his emotions. We also helped him identify people he could lean on when things felt rough. By the end of the program, Michael’s behaviour improved out of sight. He developed social skills, became more resilient and could better manage his emotions. These skills he will use for the rest of his life.
Many researchers highlight the significant benefits and positive outcomes of children and youth mentoring programs, particularly for those at risk. Participants in our programs are:
- Less likely to use drugs or alcohol
- Less likely to miss school
- More confident about themselves and their future
Michael’s story of transformation was only possible thanks to your support.
Last year 1400 kids and 102 young people were impacted by City Mission’s Inside out 4 kids and The Mish programs. Both programs are run across Tasmania’s North and North-West offering small group sessions, one-on-one mentoring, recovery training, dealing with mental health, positive ways to express emotions and much, much more. And both programs are made possible thanks to your donation.
Our Future Generations Appeal aims to create awareness of the difficulties experienced by children and youth in our community and to raise funds enabling us to offer Inside out 4 kids and The Mish programs.
Can you help us to transform the lives of children and young people and give them a better future?
- $1000 – will support a young person to access our Mish program
- $500 - will support a child to access our Inside Out 4 Kids program
- $100 – will contribute towards supporting our children and youth program participants
- $50 – will contribute towards resources needed to run the programs
Please donate today
- Web: click here to donate
- Call: (03) 6335 3000
- Post: PO Box 168, Launceston, TAS 7250
- Visit: 48 Frederick St, Launceston or your local Mission Shop
Help us give hope to the future generations and transform our local community.